REAL CURE. GENTLE CURE.
A long tussle concerning the validity of Homeopathy between the world`s most famous homeopath and probably the world`s most well known `quackbuster` appears to have come to head in December 2008 after 5 years of to-ing and fro-ing. On the one side is Homeopath George Vithoulkas, whose International Academy for Classical Homeopathy is based on the island of Alonissos in Greece. On the other is American magician and skeptic, James Randi who heads what he calls The James Randi Educational Foundation, based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Vithoulkas and Randi are equally passionate in their diametrically opposed views and an easy meeting of minds was never very likely.
For several years James Randi has had one million dollars on offer to anyone that can demonstrate paranormal or supernatural powers or events. Understandably he has very strict criteria and rules to the challenge, and to date nobody has passed even the preliminary stages of the application process. Various psychics, astrologers, clairvoyants and dowsers have applied over the years. Also listed as failed applicants on his website are practitioners of arts that could redefine the meaning of the word esoteric, such as, `paranormal urination` and `internet sex dowsing` and someone called a `metal visionary`.
Like all members of the skeptic fraternity, Randi is anti alternative medicine. He considers homeopathy to be bogus and classes it as supernatural because homeopaths use remedies diluted beyond Avogadro`s constant. These remedies therefore should not, according to conventional science, have any biological effect. Randi has been involved in a few attempts at debunking homeopathy over the years, and is one of it`s fiercest critics.
A group of homeopaths led by the renowned Greek homeopath George Vithoulkas began the process of attempting to win Randi`s one million dollars in 2003. Vithoulkas was largely responsible for the resurgence of interest in classical homeopathy in the 1970s and 1980s . He had been upset by what he considered to be badly constructed experiments previously carried out in the hope of demonstrating the validity of Homeopathy. One of these failed experiments, involving James Randi, was broadcast on BBC television in 2003. It was one of the main impetuses behind Vithoulkas` decision to devote his 40 years of Homeopathic experience to putting the record straight.
A team of skeptics was set up to represent Randi. This team, and the group of homeopaths led by George Vithoulkas, started conducting preparatory work to the trial in 2003. A protocol was devised by a group of international scientists and the experiment was to take place in a hospital in Athens. The experiment involved homeopaths, under Vithoulkas` supervision, prescribing individualized remedies to a number of patients in a double blind fashion with half of the patients receiving placebo, and the other half a real remedy.
All seemed to be going well when in August 2006, Vithoulkas received a signed agreement from Randi in which he stated that he was satisfied with the suggested protocol. He also waived the need for a preliminary test - the part of the process that had foiled every applicant up to that point. However Randi then delayed the start of the experiment owing to health problems and lack of sufficient funding. Apparently Randi was asked by Vithoulkas to assign a representative in his absence while funding was being sought but Randi refused to do so. He also told the homeopaths that he needed 6 months to recuperate from his unspecified health problems.
This 6 month period, according to Vithoulkas, was critical. It coincided with the appointment of a new Mayor of Athens who installed a new chairman of the scientific committee and a new president of the hospital that was to be used for the experiment. Vithoulkas claims that Randi knew of theses impending changes and was looking for a way of getting out of the challenge. It certainly was the most rigorous and well organized attempt to win the one million dollars that had ever been attempted. The Homeopaths believe that Randi got cold feet for this reason.
After a further 2 years of negotiating with the new authorities, the Homeopaths finally got the go ahead in Athens and started putting the final touches to the arrangements. In September 2008, a two day meeting was held in Greece between two of Randi`s representatives, plus Dr. Menachem Oberbaum, principal investigator of the experiment, and George Vithoulkas.
After this meeting the homeopaths thought everything was ready to go ahead but they were in for a rude surprise. In October 2008, one month after the meeting, they received the following communication from Randi:
"Forget all previous correspondence exchanged on the subject. What appears here is the current status. First, we require that George Vithoulkas submit a regular, properly-filled-out application and submit it just as we require everyone to do. After that has been received, we`ll go ahead as with any regular applicant - with the arrangements, including the requirement for the preliminary stage".
This new turn of events understandably infuriated Vithoulkas after his 5 years of toil. To make matters worse, Randi, according to Vithoulkas, claimed on his website (www.randi.org) that the homeopaths had withdrawn from the experiment. This accusation is strenuously denied by Vithoulkas.
It seems that all is not lost however (apart, maybe from $1,000,000). The experiment may still go ahead with the participation of skeptics Alec Gindis and Hrasko Gabor who were originally representing Randi. They apparently wish to see through to the end what has been a long drawn out process. Vithoulkas is also keen to persevere as he believes strongly that the right type of experiment can prove to the critics that Homeopathic remedies do have a biological effect.
Some Essential Books To Learn Homeopathy
REAL CURE. GENTLE CURE.
-- How will you know if the homoeopath is good?
-- WHO speaks against Homoeopathy: Is it justified?
-- Lovers of Homoeopathy: Now is the time to act
-- WHO advice against Homoeopathy: Another attempt to deride
-- IGNORAMUSES AND VESTED INTERESTS IN BRITAIN: STAY OFF HOMOEOPATHY
-- Some useful links for cure of swine flu with Homoeopathy
-- Cure of Swine Flu (H1N1) with Homoeopathy
-- Swine flu: Homoeopathy can give a gentler, painles cure
-- H1N1 virus to be homoeopathetically potentised
-- Managing stress with Homoeopathy
-- Curing stress with Homoeopathy: Knowing the cause of stress is vital
-- Dealing with fear and nervousness before exams
-- Dealing with sexual abuse of children with Homoeopathy
-- Child abuse treatment with Homoeopathy
-- Alzheimer's Disease and Homoeopathy
-- Loss of sexual desire and impotence in men cured with Homoeopathy
-- Care and cure of rape victims with Homoeopathy
-- Breast cancer and Homoeopathy
-- Curing hepatitis (acute and chronic)
-- Prescribing on mind symptoms alone (PROMISALONE)
-- WHY IS HOMOEOPATHY DERIDED?
-- HOMOEOPATHY IS COOL!
-- It is not easy to be a believer of Homoeopathy
-- Prescribing in Homoeopathy: Keynotes: Some
-- WHY A LAYMAN SHOULD LEARN HOMOEOPATHY
-- MIASMS in Homoeopathy with Roger Morrison
-- Chronic diseases: Miasms are vital: Some books on MIASMS
-- More on Homoeopathic prescribing
-- Some books to get the mental picture
-- Good books on Homoeopathic THERAPEUTICS
-- Finding the RIGHT REMEDY. PRESCRIBING in Homoeopathy
-- Finding the RIGHT REMEDY: Some hints
-- Homoeopathy: Some suggested books
-- Hinduism 'AATMA' and Homoeopathy
-- COMBINATION NUMBER REMEDIES
-- 12 TISSUE SALTS of SCHLUESSLER
-- Only Homoeopathy can cure CHRONIC DISEASES
-- Some THOUGHTS: LEARNING Homoeopathy
REAL CURE. GENTLE CURE. Impotence is a common ailment suffered by many men. Viagra may be great, but it too has side effects. Homeopathy ca...
REAL CURE. GENTLE CURE. The following is miasms according to Roger Morrison . He agrees with interpretations of each miasm by different Hom...
REAL CURE. GENTLE CURE. Retinal haemorrhage is a disorder of the eye in which bleeding occurs into the retina. The retina is a thin disc-...
What is DVT? Symptoms Deep vein thrombosis, or DVT, is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body. Most deep vein clots occur in ...
REAL CURE. GENTLE CURE. Hepatitis B is a growing problem worldwide. Modern medicine has little to offer by way of cure and quacks with the...
There are numerous remedies and treatments available for relieving rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. These range from conventional drugs, to he...
Offenssive smell from the mouth is a common complaint in the day to day medical practice.It mainly affects those who mingle with others very...
REAL CURE. GENTLE CURE. Arthritis is a painful disease which attacks the joints (specially of the aged) and gradually destroys them. It is ...
REAL CURE. GENTLE CURE. A sensation of abdomen feeling full and tight is something everyone might experience now and then and definitely af...
The greatness of Homoeopathy is that with the spread of Swine flu virus we don't have to dash to the laboratory to find new drugs to dea...
Useful DVDs On Homeopathy
As Hahnemann's body of knowledge increased, so did his following, although traditional physicians ridiculed his work, and homeopathy spread throughout the world. Today, homeopathic practitioners, physicians and veterinarians continue to successfully treat patients for a wide range of physical and mental illnesses, using ideas and remedies published by Hahnemann in his Materia Medica. Rather than suppressing symptoms, homeopathic medicines stimulate the body to defend and heal itself. Modern clinical trials have proven homeopathy to be safe and effective in a wide variety of non life-threatening conditions. But the processes by which these tiny doses of natural substances are able to cure remains, for many, a mystery.
Learn about this fascinating and often controversial discipline, founded by the German physician and chemist Samuel Hahnemann. See examples of remedies and get an explanation of the philosophy behind homeopathic healing. Includes homeopathic remedies for the home and a demonstration of an actual homeopathic session.
Homeopathic treatment involves giving a patient with symptoms of an illness extremely small doses of the agents that produce the same symptoms in healthy people when exposed to larger quantities. A homeopathic remedy is prepared by diluting the substance in a series of steps.
Many homeopathic remedies are so highly diluted that no molecules of the original substance are likely to remain after dilution. Homeopathy asserts that the remedy will retain a memory of the diluted substance and the therapeutic potency of a remedy can be increased by serial dilution combined with succussion, or vigorous shaking.
The law of similars is more of a guiding principle than a scientific law. It is not built on a hypothesis that can be falsified. A failure to cure homeopathically can always be ostensibly attributed to incorrect selection of a remedy
HOMOEOPATHY- Gentle Cure
- British actor with cancer benefits from homeopathy
- Indian homoeopaths say without homeopathy Millenium goal impossible
- Cure and prevention of swine flu (H1N1) with homeopathy
- Osteo and rheumatoid arthritis cured by homoeopathy
- Anemia and homoeopathy
- Treating colds and flus with homoeopathic tissue salt
- Treating diabetes with homoeopathy
- Preventing caesarean operation delivery with homoeopathy
- Homoeopathy vital during pregnancy
- Bedsores and boils treated with homoeopathy
- Cure of depression with homoeopathy
- Homoeopathic Remedies used for H1N1 in Canada
- How to keep illness away during Christmas holidays?
- Dana Ullman suggests homoeopathic cure for H1N1
- Homoeopathy useful in epidemics. History says so.
- UAE homoeopaths urge govt. to use homoeopathy against H1N1
- Nobel winner French virologist's studies explains how Homeo remedies work
- Treating side-effects of cancer therapies with homoeopathy
- Edward Barton Shuldham 1830 – 1915: The orthodox doctor who beacme a homoeopath.
- OTC drugs harmful in common colds and coughs
- Homoeopathy cures common colds and coughs
- Are H1N1 vaccines safe? Is the swine flu scare created by drug companies?...
- Cheshire homoeopath calms school kids with remedie...
- Canadian Homoeopath cures swine flu (H1N1) with ho...
- Why ex-tennis ace Annabel Croft believes in Homoeo...
- Bangalore Homoeopathic hospital curing dengue with Eupatorium...
- Review: "The other song": New book by great Indian homoeopath,Rajan Sankaran...
- Homoeopathy widely used in Europe to deal with adv...
- Homoeopathy vital to treat children's ailments
- Treating diabetes with homoeopathy
- Hay Fever treated with homoeopathy
- Some advice how to use homoeopathic remedies
- Top Bangalore (India) hospital turns to homoeopath...
- "Why I became a Homeopath". A story of a psychothe...
- Indian government suggests homoeopathic H1N1 preve...
- Top Indian homoeopaths say H1N1 (swine flu) curabl...
- Ten myths about homoeopathy. Things you did not kn...
- Indian homoeopath treats AIDS boy patient
- H1N1 vaccine fearred. Arizona Homoeopath says H1N1...
- Homoeopathy useful in poultry industry. Treats fea...
- The story of a Philippines Homoeopath, Dr. Hubero
- Pakistan homoeopath treats rheumatoid arthritis
- Treating prostate cancer with Homoeopathy
- Many Europeans are turning to Homoeopathy to cure ...
- Curing acidity with Homoeopathy
- Treating cancer with Homoeopathy in the US
- WHO speaks against Homoeopathy: Is it justified?
- Lovers of Homoeopathy: Now is the time to act
- WHO advice against Homoeopathy: Another attempt to...
- Homoeopathy and chiropractic
- Treating Fibroids with Homoeopathy
- Sri Lankan Homoeopaths prevent Dengue with Homoeop...
- Life and works of Italian Homoeopath Rocco Rubini ...
- Sri Lanka fighting Dengue with Homoeopathy
- Homoeopathy can cure Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Orissa Homoepath assures Homoeopathy can prevent S...
- British Homoeopaths fight back over WHO thumbs dow...
- Homoeopathy is popular in Santa Monica, California...
- Curing diseases of animals (pets too) with Homoeop...
- Indian policemen in Andhra given Homoeopathic drug...
- Gwyneth Evans is new chief of International Counci...
- Ignoramuses and vested interests in Britain: Stay ...
- Difference between Homoeopathy and allopathy
- What is Homoeopathy? A simple explanation
- Safe treatment of menopause with Homoeopathy
- Facial autoimmune disorder lesions treated by Homo...
- Homoeopathy and children: Ear infections
- Treating mind and behaviour problems in kids with ...
- Finding a good Homoeopath in the US
- Migraine and Homoeopathy
- Curing colic in babies with Homoeopathy
- Government to fund research on Homoeopathic cure f...
- Homoepathy can cure skin diseases
- Homoeopathy cures Seborrhoeic Dermatitis
- Homoeopathic drugs work well with tamiflu too
- Homoeopathic remedies for your dog
- Allopathy helpless agisnt Swine Flu, Homoeopathy t...
- Homoeopathy cures infertility and low sperm count
- Viruses may mutate but Homoeopathy still cures
- How can Homoeopathy help in fighting swine Flu?
- Research into how Homoeopathic remedies work
- Is 'Influenzinum' the real cure for Swine Flu?
- Homoeopathic remedies cured the Swine Flu of 1918
- Using Homoeopathic remedies wisely
- Homoeopathic drug Arsenic Album cures Swine Flu
- Battling Swine Flu with Homoeopathy
- Homoeopathy is useful in treating allergy
- H1N1 virus to be homoeopathetically potentised
- Some useful links for cure of swine flu with Homoe...
- Cure of Swine Flu (H1N1) with Homoeopathy
- Swine flu: Homoeopathy can give a gentler, painles...
- Try homoeopathy to get over poll jitters, says doc...
- Homoeopathy can cure autism
- Bollywood actress LARA DUTTA believes in homoeopa...
- Cutting medical costs with Homoeopathy
- Bad breath (halitosis) and homeopathy
- Passive smoking and homeopathy
- Homoeopathic hospital in Pakistan
- Homoeopathy and Cold Sores
- The truth about Homeopathy
- Treating acidity with homeopathy
- Swine flu and homeopathy
- A brief introduction to Homeopathy
- Prevent swine flu with Homeopathy
- Mangalore: National Conference of Indian Homoeopat...
- Curing cancer with Homeopathy
- Back pain and Homeopathy
- Managing mental stress with Homeopathy
- Managing mental stress with Homeopathy: Causes of ...
- Nervous and scared before examinations? Homeopathy...
- Child sexual abuse and Homeopathy
- Child Abuse and Homeopathy
- Alzheimer's Disease and Homeopathy
- Impotence (and loss of sexual desire) and Homeopat...
- Rape victims and Homeopathy
- Breast cancer and Homeopathy
- Hepatitis B (chronic hepatitis) cured by Homeopath...
- An interview with a Homeopath
- Magical Homeopathy: Mania and trembling cured on m...
- PRescribing On MInd Symptoms ALONE (PROMISALONE) i...
- Retinal hemorrhage (bleeding) cured by Homeopathy
- Mysterious chronic cough cured by Homeopathy
- Homeopathy is very popular in India
- Success of Homoeopathy in Cuban tropical flood out...
- Jeremy Sherr is fighting AIDS with Homeopathy in A...
- Treating chronic urinary tract infections with hom...
- Diabetes and Homeopathy
- Homeopathy cures infertility
- Homeopathy works
- Bloated abdomen and Homeopathy
- Anti-quackery crusader Randi Backs Out of Challeng...
- Homeopathy works for animals too. Dog cured by Hom...
- Study Finds Homeopathic Nasal Spray Effective for ...
- Reasearch supports Homeopathy
- How To Cure Bad Breath? Halitosis: It's cure by ho...
- President Abraham Lincoln was a staunch supporter ...
- Homeopathy: Best cures for AIDS: Jeremy Sherr's jo...
- Homoeopathy: Myths and Facts
- Homeopathy: The best holistic cure
- Homeopath to be awarded honorary Doctor of Science...
- Homeopathy is green
- How to learn Homeopathy?
- Osteo-Arthritis (Joint pains) , rheumatism and hom...
- Haemorrhoids (piles) and homeopathy
- Why is homeopathy derided?
- Homeopathy to cure kidney stones without surgery
- Homoeopathy For Bad Breath (halitosis) Remedy
- Natural Treatments for Coughs: Use Herbs and Homeo...
- Delhi to have post graduation courses in homoeopat...
- Allergy: Information and cure by homeopathy
- Homeopathy is cool!
- Homeopathy works
- 'Proof' that homeopathy works
- TV's Nadia: Homeopathy helped me deal with my misc...
- Alternative medicine (including homeopathy) gainin...
- Homeopathy patients often say health improved Reut...
- Homeopathy key to ovarian cysts?
- Move to make people use homeopathy for mother, chi...
- Two New Studies Find Anti-Homeopathy Review Wrong
- Claim that homeopathy was just a placebo seriously...
- POWER OF HOMEOPATHY: Dengue patients look towards ...
- Prescribing in Homeopathy: Look for keynotes: Book...
- LAYMAN - Why should you learn homeopathy?
- Treat SIMPLE FEVER yourself with Homeopathy
- The Miasms in Homeopathy: Miasms by Roger Morriso...
- In chronic diseases theory of miasms is vital. Som...
- More on Homeopathic prescribing
- How to get the mentals well- Homeopathy psychology...
- How to choose the right potency in Homeopathy?
- Some good books on Homeopathic therapeutics
- Some vital hints for Homeopathic prescribing
- How to find the right Homeopathic remedy?
- Some essential books to learn HOMEOPATHY
- What is Homeopathic Materia Medica and Repertory?
- Some suggested medical dictionaries for studying H...
- Homeopathy drugs and Homeopathy masters
- Principles of Homeopathy. Also about Hahnemann. So...
- For newcomers to Homeopathy: Combination number re...
- Combination numbers: homeopathy for beginners
- Homeopathy for starters: 12 Tissue salts od Schues...
- Homeopathy: The last refuge for those suffering fr...
- Homeopathy is a boon to mothers
- Homeopathy: An introduction, my way